Friday, October 15, 2021

Welcome To The Thorn Fire Bakery Grill -- Mesquite Fire Cooking

All types of cooking will be undertaken at the Thorn Fire youtube channel, which this blog corresponds to, and all using wood fire flame.   The loaves of bread you see here were done before I finished the ovens, and were actually cooked in a covered cast iron frying pan on a regular grill.  There will be a video or two concerning this type of baking in the future.  The other stuff pictured here is fried chicken breasts, mushrooms, and shrimp, breaded in a simple flour/baking powder/salt and pepper mix.  I find that with flame and peanut oil a superior deep fried product is obtainable.

The youtube videos are the main agenda but posts will be made here fairly often too.   I was tempted to list all my  restaurant jobs, but that list would be lengthy, tawdry, tedious, and of little interest to anybody with anything better to do, which is just about everyone I would think.  So here is the youtube channel and the videos will be added as they happen.  Thanks for checking this out and I hope you find it useful.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment