Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Fire Pizza

      I use my round cast iron flat griddle a lot.  When I make pizza on the grill I use it to make a flat bread, pushing the yeast dough out after the first rising/knockdown, then cooking both sides well on the flat griddle before adding sauce and cheese.   Make sure both sides of the flatbread are browned well and then put the side down you want to brown into a good crust, and quickly add tomato sauce and cheese to the top.  You are using the flat griddle to make a flat bread which is then turned into a pizza with the addition of the other ingredients.

      I try to mae do with basic ingredients when I can, and the cans they pile up, so instead of using canned ingredients for a sauce I just quick fry some thin tomato slices with thin onion and pepper slices in olive oil, adding any seasonings at that time like oregano.  I put this homemade pizza "sauce" on the flatbread pizza crust, then I sprinkle on parmesan cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment